Through public policy and community engagement, we work in partnership with communities experiencing disparities to build a more equitable Minnesota.
OUR LEADING EFFORTS
- To pursue resources for the housing, shelter, training, and services necessary to fully implement Minnesota’s Safe Harbor for Sexually Exploited Youth Act and to advocate for the design of a statewide Safe Harbor for All system.
- To identify opportunities to introduce emerging brain science and neuroscience research for children prenatal-age 3 into meaningful policies to enhance child and family health.
OUR ACTIVE PARTICIPATION
- Increasing the quality and availability of early childhood education for all families.
- Increasing mental health access and improving service delivery for low-income families and children.
- Promoting family economic security and advancement, including healthy housing and reliable transportation.
- Strengthening state and local systems and policies to close opportunity gaps and promote racial equity.
- Improving state and federal systems, policies and resources to support and strengthen immigrant families and children.
- Preventing and reducing domestic, community, and gun violence.
- Building safe, supportive communities and schools, and championing full equality for LGBT youth and families.
- Increasing healthy youth development opportunities, including quality out-of-school-time programs.
- Improving health outcomes for low-income families and children.
- Closing the achievement gap and expanding access to educational opportunities.
WE WILL RESEARCH
- Emerging opportunities
- Partnerships and network connections
- The potential for new technology to increase access to, and improve delivery of, programs, services, and advocacy resources.