Personal-Care Packages for Participants in our PRIDE Program
Our PRIDE (Promoting Recovery, Independence, Dignity, and Equality) program is in need of personal care products and gift cards for sexually exploited individuals that we serve.
Needed items include:
- Underwear (Cotton, all sizes, particularly M – XL)
- Socks (White, High “Crew” socks)
- Toothpaste and Toothbrushes
- Shampoo and Conditioner (culturally specific products)
- Feminine sanitary supplies (tampons, pads)
- Soap (body wash)
- Wash cloths/ Wipes
- Laundry soap (pods or small enough to be easily carried)
- Gift cards (Cub Foods, Target, Walmart, Holiday, etc.)
All items must be unopened and in the original packaging.
Please drop off items at:
4123 E Lake St
Minneapolis, MN 55406
FAQ about PRIDE Personal-Care Package Items
Q: What kind of bag should the care package be in?
A: If you are able to provide, a small toiletries bag, purse, or drawstring bag is ideal for clients.
Q: Why should we buy high, white socks?
A: Higher white socks are ideal because our clients need socks that will last long and not give them blisters or sores if they are wearing boots or any other higher shoes.
Q: What kinds of “culturally specific” shampoo and conditioner should we buy?
A: Personal hygiene and hair care products specifically for African Americans are not donated as frequently as others and are vital for our clients to maintain health, well-being, and dignity.
Q: Should I buy wash clothes or wipes?
A: Wash cloths are appreciated but wipes are more useful in situation where our clients don’t have access to a bathroom or water, which can be often.