Through public policy and community engagement, we work in partnership with communities experiencing disparities to build a more equitable Minnesota.
OUR TOP PRIORITIES FOR SUPPORT:
- Supporting efforts to expand adoption of two-generation (2Gen) and brain science-informed approaches in the state of Minnesota.
- Increasing the quality and availability of 0-5 early education and care for all families.
- Pursuing resources for the housing, shelter, training, and services necessary to fully implement Minnesota’s Safe Harbor for Sexually Exploited Youth Act and to advocate for the design of a statewide Safe Harbor for All system.*
- Increasing mental health access and improving service delivery for low-income families and children.
- Closing the achievement gap and expanding access to educational opportunities.
- Promoting family economic security and advancement, including healthy housing and reliable transportation.
- Strengthening state and local systems and policies to close opportunity gaps and promote racial equity.
- Improving state and federal systems, policies and resources to support and strengthen immigrant families and children.
- Preventing and reducing domestic, community, and gun violence.
- Building safe, supportive communities and schools, and championing full equality for LGBT youth and families.
- Improving health outcomes for low-income families and children.
*Language will be updated following release of “Safe Harbor for All” report due January 2019