Through public policy and community engagement, we work in partnership with communities experiencing disparities to build a more equitable Minnesota.
WE WILL LEAD ON POLICIES THAT:
- Expand adoption of two-generation (2Gen) or whole family, and brain science-informed approaches in the state of Minnesota.
- Increase the quality and availability of 0-5 early education and care for all families.
- Advocate for humane policies and resources necessary to end commercial sexual exploitation of both youth and adults, based on input and leadership by survivors with lived experience. Maintain and expand resources supporting implementation of Minnesota’s Safe Harbor for Sexually Exploited Youth Act, and support the legal reforms necessary to implement a Safe Harbor for All system for adult survivors statewide.
- Secure programmatic funding for The Family Partnership. In 2020, the top two priorities are:
- Expanding funding for School Linked Mental Health
- Support to pilot our 2Gen executive functioning curriculum in 4-5 locations across Minnesota
WE ACTIVELY SUPPORT POLICIES THAT:
- Increase mental health access for low-income families and children.
- Close the achievement gap and expanding access to educational opportunities.
- Promote family prosperity and well-being, including increased educational and economic mobility.
- Strengthen state and local systems and policies to close opportunity gaps and promote racial equity.
- Improve health outcomes for low-income families and children.
WE WILL ENDORSE PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS’ WORK THAT SUPPORTS:
- Immigrant families.
- Families struggling with domestic violence.
- LGBTQ youth and families.
The Family Partnership believes that families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.