Four Directions to Open June 4th at East Lake Street
The Family Partnership’s new Building for Better Futures center will open with preschool, childcare and therapy services. More family services and the agency’s headquarters also relocated.
The voices of preschool children will ring through The Family Partnership’s new South Minneapolis building on June 4 when the Four Directions multicultural therapeutic preschool re-opens at its new address at 1527 E. Lake Street. The Family Partnership also operates a North Minneapolis preschool and family services building.
Construction on The Family Partnership’s 48,122 square-foot building began in February 2020 and finished on schedule March 1. The Family Partnership is moving its corporate office and programs from three previous locations into the new facility. The building has 3X more space to better serve families and implement the organization’s two-generation (2Gen) approach.
The new building will include:
- Expanded space for Four Directions (4D), including Dakota and Ojibwe language immersion classrooms by partner Wicoie Nandigenkan. Four Directions will have separate, secure entrances, and new indoor and outdoor play areas. (Previously, the school leased space in the Little Earth community at 2438 18th Ave. South).
- Expanded rooms for The Family Partnership’s Developmental Therapy (occupational, physical and speech) services that provide access for children enrolled in The Family Partnership’s preschools, family home visiting programs and outpatients from the community. Developmental screenings are also available for preschool children.
- Expanded space for outpatient Mental Health Therapies for all ages (including play-based therapy for children). Multilingual and culturally diverse therapists offer sessions for individuals, couples or in family sessions and create personalized plans to improve mental well-being. (Previously at 4123 E. Lake St.)
- Increased access to comprehensive Anti-Sex Trafficking services for sexually exploited individuals and families in a supportive, private and safe space through our PRIDE (Promoting Recovery, Independence, Dignity and Equality) program.
- New Corporate Office moving from 414 S. 8th Street in Minneapolis, and administrative services.
In 2012, our board made an intentional decision that rather than families coming to us, our services would locate in the heart of the communities we serve.Molly Greenman, President and CEO of The Family Partnership,
This video demonstrates how the new building will better facilitate services to families. Learn more about The Family Partnership’s new Building for Better Futures.