The Family Partnership is re-opening our Children’s First Early Learning Center (as of May 20) and our Four Directions Family Center (as of May 26) with adherence to strict safety protocols.
Our preschool staff are using a phased approach as they invite enrolled families to return their children to The Family Partnership centers.
A detailed TFP COVID-19 Safe and Healthy Workplace Plan has been implemented to provide maximum safety for children and staff. The Family Partnership’s plan is science-based and follows the guidelines published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Minnesota Department of Human Services, and federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 and includes, in part:
- Personal protective equipment worn by The Family Partnership staff
- Temperature and system checks with all children and staff who enter the buildings
- Those with COVID-19 symptoms or a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be admitted
- Social distancing guidelines, including no more than 10 people in a room (including staff)
- Curbside pickup and drop-off for children, limiting building entrants. Parents are required to wear a mask at drop off and pick up times. (The Family Partnership is happy to provide durable and attractive cloth masks, donated by skilled community artists)
- No Visitors, including parents, are allowed in early childhood classrooms or hallways until further notice.
Unified Therapy Services
Our Unified Therapy staff will resume services to children at our preschools following all safety precautions. Our therapists are continuing working with children and families virtually until we resume services for other children at our facilities, or in facilities operated by community partners (such as PICA Head Start). More information on all services during COVID-19 here.